[Radiance-general] how to split vertical illuminance level into light coming from sky and light reflected by surface?

Ji Zhang hope.zh at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 19:21:34 PDT 2010

Thank you for your suggestions, Christopher!

Ji

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Christopher Rush <Christopher.Rush at arup.com
> wrote:

> Note that setting -ab 1 may not count sky component diffusely transmitted
> through trans materials, as that's considered another bounce. Maybe this is
> fine, depending on interpretation of your intention - "direct contribution
> of the sky to a point on a vertical plane."
>
> If you need to set -ab 2 or higher to count diffuse transmission in this
> first part, you could set all your non transmitting materials to zero
> reflectance, or the ambient include/exclude options may serve the purpose,
> see -ae, -ai, -aE, and -aI.

ZHANG Ji 张冀 (PhD) :: Research Fellow :: Centre for Sustainable Asian Cities
:: School of Design and Environment :: National University of Singapore :: 4
Architecture Drive,  Singapore, 117566 :: Contact: 65-6516 5046 :: Email:
sdezj at nus.edu.sg