[Radiance-general] how to split vertical illuminance level into light coming from sky and light reflected by surface?

Ji Zhang hope.zh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 20:20:20 PDT 2010

Dear Radiance experts,

We're trying to explore the relationship between Vertical Daylight Factor
and Facade Sky View Factor.

By *Vertical Daylight Factor* we mean the ratio of *the illuminance level of
a point on vertical building facade* (i.e. the vector of the sensor of that
point is perpendicular to the facade surface) to *the illuminance level of a
point on horizontal plane under standard CIE overcast sky* (please correct
me if the definition is wrong).

Via Radiance, is there a way to split the illuminance level of a point on
vertical surface into 1) the light coming directly from the sky dome and 2)
the light reflected by surrounding building surfaces and ground plane?

Thank you!

Ji