[Radiance-general] rad program

Christopher Rush Christopher.Rush at arup.com
Thu Jul 8 14:59:35 PDT 2010

> rad [ -s ][ -n|-N npr ][ -t ][ -e ][ -V ][ -w ][ -v view ][ -o device ]  rfile [ VAR=value ..  ]

> (1) is that right the option [-v view] and "view" variable in .rif have the same function?

If your rif file has a line that looks like "view= viewname [parameters]" then your -v command line option to rad would look like "-v viewname." Otherwise it will run all views listed in the rif file.

> (2)  For three sets (1) "OCTREE", (2)"scene" (3) "object" and "materials" , if I change files in "object" and "material", will .oct be updated when I run "rad -t sample.rif" ?  Similarly, if I change files indicated in "scene", the oct. will be updated even if "OCTREE" is not changed?

Correct. It should automatically check the input files every call of the rad command and update the .oct file if required, even without the -t option. The -t option is meant specially for a case that you want to update the .oct file, but not create any renderings from it.