[Radiance-general] rad program

Jia Hu hujia06 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 14:51:04 PDT 2010

Hello,

I checked the rad. It has a good feature. But I am a little confused with
several variable settings

*-o* *device* ]  *rfile* [ *VAR=value* *..*  ]

(1) is that right the option [-v view] and "view" variable in .rif have the
same function?

(2)  For three sets (1) "OCTREE", (2)"scene" (3) "object" and "materials" ,
if I change files in "object" and "material", will .oct be updated when I
run "rad -t sample.rif" ?  Similarly, if I change files indicated in
"scene", the oct. will be updated even if "OCTREE" is not changed?

Cheers,
Jia