[Radiance-general] Re: Preparing an open DXF file for import

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 28 12:31:20 PST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 7:49 PM, R Fritz <rfritz at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> I think it might be possible to get around Autodesk's restrictions by
> writing a script that would run in the AutoCAD environment. Such a script, I
> think, could directly create files in an export format. It would have to be
> quite a script, though!

I looked at AutoCAD scripting for a while but I found that a simple
"scripted" solution will only allow you access to a few element types
but not the whole set.

The best solution to get polygons out of AutoCAD still seems to be
3DSOUT. If that some day is incompatible or not available for the
next AutoCAD release then we will probably have to spend even
more money on some other apps like Rhino or Max and hope that
they can import AutoCAD and export polygons.

Regards,
Thomas