[Radiance-general] thank you!

sasa.cemesova at tiscali.co.uk sasa.cemesova at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 08:49:09 PST 2010

Thank you! thats very helpful..

org>
>Subj: RE: [Radiance-general] thank you!
>
>I usually find that for some reason if you assign the *.dat files to
open with Excel, they open correctly without changing the extension
(tabs are interpreted as column breaks). On the other hand, if you
change the extension to .txt and force it to open with Excel, it
doesn't do the formatting as you'd like it. For correct display of the
text files in Excel 2007 try the Data menu tab, Text To Columns
function. I forget what it's called in Excel 2003 and older, but I
believe still in the data menu.

general-bounces at radiance-online.org] On Behalf Of sasa.cemesova at tiscali.
co.uk
>Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:37 AM
>To: radiance-general at radiance-online.org
>Subject: [Radiance-general] thank you!
>
>firstly, thank you so much for your help! Iv been working on that for
a while now and that really moved me forwards..

>Just one more quick question, the .dat file I get outputs just a list
of lux levels, how do you export this into a tst file? or at least
seperate the values by a comma as then I could import it into excel..as
when i just change the file name to txt the list of numbers converts to
just a long string of numbers which aren't separated in any way..