[Radiance-general] Working plane

Reinhart, Christoph reinhart at gsd.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 11 11:21:19 PST 2010

Dear Sasa,

Please refer to: http://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/obj/irc/doc/pubs/nrcc48165/nrcc48165.pdf to find a description of how to set the Radiance material parameters for a translucent panel.

Christoph

-----Original Message-----
From: radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org [mailto:radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org] On Behalf Of sasa.cemesova at tiscali.co.uk
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 12:29 PM
To: radiance-general at radiance-online.org
Subject: [Radiance-general] Working plane

Dear all,

I am an undergraduate student trying to model a 10m x 10m room with
one corner touching the origin and a window on the south facing wall. I
have been trying to model this room with a film of translucent white
plastic on the window, and am really really stuck and need help
urgently, any advice would help a lot!

Firstly,  I have a translucent white plastic material with a
reflectivity value of 0.518 and Transmissivity value 0.046, how would
you do the parameters for this material?

secondly, I have a model set up, and I really need to get a working
plane with lux values on it, how do you do this in either Control Panel
or radiance itself? I have tried to use Ecotect, but it doesnt seem to
be able to model a translucent material very accurately.

Thank you for your time in advance,
Sasa