[Radiance-general] pcomb problem

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 9 14:17:57 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 7:48 PM, Giovanni Betti
<gbetti at fosterandpartners.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am having some problems in the usage of pcomb.
>
> If I use the latest release of radiance compiled for windows
> on a command like:
>
> pcomb -h -e 'lo=li(1)+li(2)+li(3)'  -o C:\image_1.pic -o C:\image_2.pic
> -o C:\image_3.pic > C:\Composite.pic
>
> I receive the error
> 'lo=li(1)+li(2)+li(3)'
> ^ illegal variable name

Have you tried to use double quotes instead of single quotes?
I noticed that there is a difference between command prompt
in Windows and shell prompt in Unix. Can't remember which
one had to use on Windows, though.

> As I am planning to use a large number of images composted together I
> would like to get rid of the header information and not being limited to
> the number of images I can process (or at least being able to handle
> some 100 files at once...).

With this weekend's HEAD I noticed that the -h command does
strip the headers from the input images, but the command used
to create the output is still there in full length. I can understand
that this is the desired behaviour. If you plan to combine a large
number of pictures I would recommend another pcomb command
with a single input file just to strip this header as well.

Regards,
Thomas