[Radiance-general] Understanding rtcontrib

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 14:09:49 PST 2010

Dear all,

the rtcontrib lesson has found a new home here:
http://luminance.londonmet.ac.uk/learnix/docs/rtcontrib_lesson.html

There are likely to be many typos, mistakes and inconsistencies left in
it, but it's mostly done: Dynamic daylight simulations with Radiance's
rtcontrib can be done. Well, sort of-ish.

As to the software--All scripts that are provided with the tutorial are
available as a download. The link is on the page. Everything was written
to get a particular task done. There is absolutely no flexibility built
into any of the code. If you do decide to try some of the things that I
have covered and come up with some better/more elegant/more configurable
software or command lines, I'd be happy to hear from you. Please
consider sharing your experience.

Thank you all for the feedback, especially Greg! You've been extremely
helpful.

Cheers

Axel