[Radiance-general] .ies files for LED Spots

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Dec 13 10:48:28 PST 2010

Hi Rob!

> I found a photometric pdf on their website, but no ies file. Before I
> attempt to create one, is anyone aware of such existing .ies file?
> The pdf is a graphic diagram of the lux at 1,2,3,4 and 5 meters.

I do not know whether they have a downloadable IES-formatted
distribution file for that LED, but in case you want to use the PDF, one
comment. Do not create an IES file if you do not need to.... it is
easier to directly create a Radiance dat-file from the plot. There are
useful tools to extract data from plots, which let you define the axis
locations and units and then translates your mouse clicks on the graph
to a data table. Especially if you have a symmetric distribution, it is
not too much work to make this a useful Radiance dat-file.

Cheers, Lars.