[Radiance-general] Instances

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Mon Dec 13 05:15:13 PST 2010

Hi Lucio,

When a Radiance job is running (rpict, rtrace, rvu, etc) the whole scene
(octree) is indeed in memory. It is not being loaded from disk as
needed. Depending on how your model is made and with what level of
detail this can get very big. Where possible and convenient in makes
sense to try to put your scenes together in a thoughtful manner. On the
other hand scene complexity/size does not necessarily mean longer
simulation times (eg, complex exterior scene under sun/sky only lighting).

-Jack

--
# Jack de Valpine
# president