[Radiance-general] rtcontrib output crashes preview, finder

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:12:46 PST 2010

Evening John.

I think bin 0 was "reserved" for the ground. Therefore, if you don't have a
ground material, it would be black. In my own tests I also found other bins
to be completely black but I was told that was because of my primitive test
geometry. Doing Axel's tutorial test room seemed to work for me at the time.
I could reproduce the results he got with similar accuracy.

About pcomb: It may take quite a long time to process all the images. You
can try and split the one long pcomb command into a few smaller pcombs and
then combine the resulting images. If you suspect a single image to be
corrupt just exclude that from the process and see if the pcomb command
finishes.

If you are familiar with bash scripting you can run a first loop and combine
each images separately with a known good image. This should at least show
you if there are images that pcomb can't handle.

Regards,
Thomas