[Radiance-general] Rtcontrib question

Andy McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 31 15:19:36 PDT 2010

Hi Rob,

Glad you found the error in your script.

rtcontrib outputs an image or value for each bin starting at 0 up to the last bin that has a value.   So it could be that a the last few bins don't contribute to your scene so no image is created.  You can force rtcontrib to write all images/values using the -bn option.  Try setting -bn 146  if you're using tregenza.cal or -bn Nrbins if you're using reinhart.cal

Also, for the next step you may want the new (since July 1) version  of dctimestep.  It allows you to combine daylight coefficient images like so:

gendaylit [options]    |  genskyvec -m 1   |   dctimestep myimage_%03d.hdr > output.hdr

where the "myimage" bit matches the -o output specification used in rtcontrib.

Best,
Andy