[Radiance-general] Reduce rtrace runtime

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 20:34:16 PDT 2010

The options I am recommending are more recent than RwR, which was current as of 1998.  Path tracing is faster for computing just a few points like this, especially in the presence of venetian blinds.  The negative value for the -lr option is discussed in my presentation from the 2005 Radiance workshop, I discussed these options as they were added to release 3.7:

	http://www.radiance-online.org/radiance-workshop4/cd/website/PDF/Ward_talk1.pdf

Best,
-Greg