[Radiance-general] result of rtrace calculation is different for Radiance in Unix and Windows

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Aug 3 00:32:18 PDT 2010

Hi Ji,

it should be the same, but of course development continued after 3.7
and maybe some fixed bug or other change in the code led to different
results. My first guess however would be a change in the default
parameters. That would mean that you may be running rtrace with
different settings without even knowing it. Please do a quick check by
running "rtrace -defaults" on both platforms and check for differences
in the output.

Cheers, Lars.
--
Dipl.-Ing. Architect Lars O. Grobe