[Radiance-general] result of rtrace calculation is different for Radiance in Unix and Windows

Ji Zhang hope.zh at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 22:30:12 PDT 2010

Dear Radiance experts,

We're using rtrace to calculate daylight factor. The scene file, sensor
file, rtrace command parameters are all the same.

However, the result seems to be different when run the same rtrace command
in Unix and Windows, although the difference is not that much (0.11 to 0.13
in terms of daylight factor).

I've already used a "-u-" option for rtrace.

The Radiance in Unix is version 3.9 (installed via Ubuntu software centre)

The Radiance in Windows is version 3.7 (downloaded from
http://www.arch.mcgill.ca/prof/reinhart/software/)

May I ask whether it's the Radiance version difference that caused the
different results?

Thanks!

Ji