[Radiance-general] two sided surface

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 08:51:56 PDT 2010

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, you've hit upon the one case that Radiance doesn't
really handle properly:  curved, specular window coverings.  Your best
hope at this point is to add some roughness to the specular side of
your surface and use mkillum to generate an output distribution.  If
you could measure a BTDF for the blinds and give it to mkillum that
way, you'd be golden, but I don't expect that you have such a thing.

Eventually, we hope to create a tool that would allow you to model
this (and other types) complex fenestration, but we're a few months
away from having that ready.

Cheers,
-Greg