[Radiance-general] two sided surface

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 14:21:49 PDT 2010

Nick.

In Radiance geometry and material definition go hand in hand. You
could try evaluating the surface normal to chose the correct material
in a custom expression but that would increase your render time
significantly.

As an alternative you could use the same geometry with a small
z-offset. If you have all the blinds in a separate *.rad file use the
-m option of xform to give them a new modifier:

!xform -m grey_mat blinds.rad
!xform -m chrome -t 0 0 -0.001 blinds.rad

That will offset the blinds by 0.001 units down and use the material
'chrome' for this 'side'.

Regards,
Thomas