[Radiance-general] two sided surface

Nick Hubof nhubof at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 09:16:49 PDT 2010

I am modeling a large amount of physical blinds in an office scene. I am
replicating a Warema blind that has an opaque surface (grey) on the convex
side and a chrome surface (93% reflective) on the concave side. To minimize
the amount of geometry I was hoping there is an easy way to apply two
materials to the curved plane instead of adding a thickness and more than
double the geometry.

I have searched the knowledge database and could not find what I was looking
for. I hope there is an easy way to do this.

For instance the surface normal is the chrome material and the opposite side
is the opaque material.

Thank you in advance.

Nick