[Radiance-general] Seg Fault with SSH -Y

Guglielmetti, Robert Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov
Thu Apr 8 16:03:02 PDT 2010

I am trying to use trusted forwarded forwarding on ssh (ssh -Y user at host) to
run Radiance on a remote system and am getting segmentation fault errors. I
can look at images with ximage, and can look at certain octrees in rvu, but
the office model (ray/obj/office) crashes with the seg fault. If I load the
octree with no view, I get the rvu window, but if I load the standard view
that's in the Makefile it crashes. I initially used the Intel compiler and
some aggressive optimizations, but I recompiled with gcc and -O2 and still
have the same issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

- Rob