[Radiance-general] sky mapping

Lars O. Grobe lars.grobe at nus.edu.sg
Tue Sep 8 18:43:49 PDT 2009

Hi Giovanni,

I have used fisheye.cal, which comes with radiance. I also used the
angular fisheye with the vta-view, as you did. The only important point
was to translate the mapping, as fisheye.cal expected the image center
to be +y (north in most models), while for sky capturing you point up.

The mapping for me is

void colorpict skyhdrmapping
11 red green blue sky.hdr fisheye.cal fish_u fish_v -rx -90 -rz 180
0
0

And sky.hdr has the north on the top when seen as a 2d image.

I am not sure whether Peter's cal-file does any more advanced stuff
related to his fisheye - it could be that he is correcting for some
vignetting stuff that does not exist in you synthetic image. That would
explain the higher pixel values close to the edge.

Cheers,

Lars.