[Radiance-general] sky mapping

Giovanni Betti gbetti at fosterandpartners.com
Tue Sep 8 11:17:44 PDT 2009

Hi Lars, thanks for your reply, I've attached my scene description.
Sorry but I do not have an ftp where to upload them although thwy are
very very small files...

To reply your questions:
I do not have any bright ring in the source image which is an angular
fisheye view (180 fov) generated in radiance of a CIE sunny sky using
the option -s (I do not expect this technique to be of any use for
direct sunlight, only for the diffuse component) the image is uncropped
and the cal file says: Projection of 2d image fisheye picture to source,
applies to angular fisheye like Nikon 180 deg.
Although I cannot find any geometrical distortion, it's only the value
nearby the horizon that goes up.
For point 2, I have the error of 1% nearby the centre (really where the
"sun" should be) and then it goes up as it approaches the horizon...

Thanks,

Giovanni