[Radiance-general] BRDF in .cal under illumination maps?

Katja Doerschner doers003 at umn.edu
Tue Oct 13 01:03:12 PDT 2009

(Very sorry for the double posting - I forgot to send from my
subscribed email account)

Dear Group,

I want to use a parametric BRDF (defined in a .cal file and used in
conjunction with plasfunc - see below) together with an hdr
illumination map.

However doing that seems to switch off my BRDF calculation and the
object looks Lambertian (and not velvety, as it is supposed to).

Does any one have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Katja

Here a link to the velvety object under point light source
illumination.: http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~katja/velvet.tiff

void plasfunc mirror
2 refl surf_lobe.cal
0
9 1 1 1 1 .1 -1 0 0 1
# x y z area param Vx Vy Vz
#(to obtain the view direction)

{code extracted from surf_lobe.cal:}
Vx = -(arg(6) - Px);
Vy = -(arg(7) - Py);
Vz = -(arg(8) - Pz);

{3.4 Surface lobe - equation from Pont & tePas 2006}
refl(x,y,z,area)=(1/PI) * (A5/ ( A5+ (x*Nx+y*Ny+z*Nz)*(Vx*Nx+Vy*Ny
+Vz*Nz) ))*A9;

Katja Doerschner,
Assistant Professor,
Department of Psychology, IISBF, 344