[Radiance-general] Strange filetype naming when redering with radiance

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Oct 8 05:47:09 PDT 2009

Hi!

> I hope this is the correct forum to post this question.

I am not sure yet ;-)

> I have made a simple file containing the different commands to be
> executed to render the images/data needed. When I execute this file
> (source xxx.cal) All the output files have a (?) added to the file type
> (e.g. grid.xyz? instead of grid.xyz). Furthermore I cannot use \ as line
> separation in my file anymore.

You seam to have some interesting naming convention... usually in
Radiance-world, files with the extension .cal contain the mathematical
description language used in Radiance e.g. by rcalc or to do
transformations of textures. These are interpreted only by Radiance
tools. However, it seems that you use this extension for scripting? What
shell do you use? This question is most probably a shell-related one,
not a Radiance-related one.

I am just not sure because of the file-extension...

CU Lars.