[Radiance-general] getting irradiance from source defined in photometric units

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Oct 7 02:59:51 PDT 2009

Hi Ignacio!

Thanks for the quick reply! Just to avoid misunderstandings, the -s
parameter in falsecolor does not change the radiometric values but the
scale that is applied to them in the resulting image (as this is a
one-way, this does not reallt matter). So with -s, you define the range
of pixel values that will mapped to the color scale. The multiplier is
given following -m, and the default (to get from radiometric to
photometric according to the internal efficacy of 153 lm/W that is used
by Radiance) is -m 153. So that is why I was wondering whether giving -m
1 would be enough.

My main concern is at the moment whether the HMI-source photometry is
correctly transfered into radiometry by only using ies2rad with the
lamptab (unfortunately I do not have more detailed information on the
emission spectrum and luminous efficacy).

Cheers, Lars.