[Radiance-general] "Sensor Surfaces"

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Tue Nov 24 23:40:48 PST 2009

Hi Thomas

thanks for your quick reply. It took me a few days to try to understand the
possibilities you suggested.

The 'falsecolor' sounds quite interesting, but as far as I can tell it does
not allow "automatic" evaluation, i.e. create a file / files that can be
somehow scanned for "hit" or "no hit" per surface. My problem is, that
visually evaluating images after the simulation does not seem practical due
to form / size / repetitions.

And I'm afraid I didn't understand if the stencil method could really help,
but it seems evaluation (or result) is still a "picture" - again not a "hit"
or "no hit" information for a given surface. Actually, I didn't understand
the method, period (and haven't found the time to set up an example and play
around with it).

Something like
http://www.radiance-online.org/radiance-workshop7/Content/Augsburger/Germain
AugsburgerPresentation.pdf, page 8, but with "continuous" and not
"discrete" sensors that can be evaluated for hit-or-miss somehow is what I
have in mind.

I must admit of course (if not clear from the above, anyway) that my
knowledge of the possibilities of Radiance is rather limited.

Thanks
Achim