[Radiance-general] Solar Rays Tracing path

David Smith dbs176 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 07:06:49 PST 2009

I'd like to take a step backward here. There's a feature in Ecotect
that lets you cast parallel rays from the sun to surfaces in the
scene. It treats all of these surfaces as perfectly specularly
reflective surfaces, basically mirrors.

Here's a very quick and dirty animation:
http://img695.imageshack.us/i/ecotect.mp4/

If you ever wondered why so many people think light shelves are an
easy way to get light deep into a space, this may be part of the
reason. The way lightshelves affect a space is much more complicated
than that.

--Dave