[Radiance-general] Rendering large space with small detail (small picture now attached!)

Andrew McNeil andrew.mcneil at arup.com
Wed May 27 09:40:02 PDT 2009

Hi Paul,

Another tip:

If you are planning to simulate several sky conditions and times, you should
consider separating the electric light and daylight into two simulations.
Once you have a single rendering of the electric lighting and multiple
renderings of the daylight scenarios you can add the electric light
rendering to each daylight rendering using pcomb.  This saves the time of
rendering electric lighting with every daylight condition.

Also, since you are less concerned about the accuracy of the electric
lighting you might consider adjusting the -dt parameter.  If I remember
correctly the most computationally expensive part is the shadow testing.
Increasing -dt reduces the number of shadow tests performed and should speed
up the simulation significantly.

andy