[Radiance-general] rpict/rpiece and multiple processors

G HARDING G.Harding1 at Bradford.ac.uk
Mon Mar 23 08:58:42 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am rendering a number of images on a machine with multiple processors.

I'm using rpiece with the -PP option (splitting into 4 pieces with the hope
of running one on each or the 4 processors in my machine), but still only
ever seem to be using 1 processor at a time.

I get multiple rpict threads, but only one of them seems to do anything at
any one time.

Does anyone know where I'm going wrong, or even if it's possible to use
multiple cpus in the same machine at once?

Many thanks,

Glen Harding.

Glen Harding

Bradford School of Optometry and Vision Sciences

University of Bradford

BD7 1DP

Tel: 07969 797391