[Radiance-general] batch renders with explicit direct and diffuse irradiance

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Fri Jun 5 04:21:36 PDT 2009

Hi Giovanni.

I'm not quite clear if you want to use the Radiance tools from the command line
or if you expect that there is a 'use these values' button in EcoTect.

In the fist case you have to find the file that contains the sky description in
the scene that's exported by EcoTect. -B and -R are options to the gensky
command that should be on one the lines in this file.

For a batch calculation of different values you have to loop over

1) modify the gensky command
2) recreate the scene octree
3) do the calculation again
4) move the images (or rtrace results) to a different place

This is possible with a bit of command line scripting.

Regards,
Thomas