[Radiance-general] Simulating light ray movement inside swimming pool water. Light sources not in the water

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Jul 23 06:26:40 PDT 2009

Hi!

> It would be great to run the simulations with moving water surface but since

I did not want to propose an animation. I was just wondering whether you
know the shape of the surface. I do not know how even how to describe
the wave patterns, it is about frequencies, amplitudes, interference and
all that over the surface of limited dimensions, which means including
edges reflecting back. So the geometrical description seams to be not
trivial, and I have no clue whether there are any standard models to use
when simulating certain "wavyness" conditions of a pool.

I think that this geometry topic is much more difficult then the
rendering stuff once the model is generated.

Cheers, Lars.