[Radiance-general] pmap errors

Lars O. Grobe lars.grobe at nus.edu.sg
Wed Jul 15 04:33:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

yes I know that the 3.7p2-pmap extension and all that is rather old now,
still it is the most recent release officially available. So I try to
use it, and since today mkpmap drives me crazy with "consistency -
unexpected object call for polygon ..."-messages.

I have a rather complex model here, and this may be some memory problem.
I have tried commenting out the geometry given in the error message, but
that led me only to the next error message with some other surface. If I
reduce the number of photons to be distributed to a very low value (such
as 10) I get along with it, but that renders the whole idea useless.

Are there any known memory problems or any kind of overflows in the pmap
code?

Cheers, Lars.