[Radiance-general] Basic daylighting and artificial lighting test(ambient value problem)

John Mardaljevic jm at dmu.ac.uk
Wed Jul 15 01:33:40 PDT 2009

>> Hi Thomas, what if a small diameter radiance "cylinder" could be
>> drawn around the edges with the light leaks? Like a kind of
>> "silicone sealant"! As you know, I'm no coder but I'm guessing it
>> could be python scripted from Sketchup. Interesting idea.
> I don't know if this would have the desired effect, though, or just
> introduce more interpolation errors.

It could certainly add an overhead to the ambient calculation if it
attempts to predict indirect shading across the curved surfaces.  You
could use the genampos script to see where the calculation is
expending effort.  See the resources page on my site (link below) for
a 'Technical Note' on the use of the genambpos script.  The script
should get installed by default with the rest of the Radiance
executables.

-John

Dr. John Mardaljevic
Reader in Daylight Modelling
Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
De Montfort University
The Gateway
Leicester
LE1 9BH, UK