[Radiance-general] SSLD skies and zenith radiance

Lars O. Grobe lars.grobe at nus.edu.sg
Wed Jul 1 04:23:26 PDT 2009

Hi,

a short update, for now I am dividing the task to set-up a sky into two
steps:

1) Create a gensky-description. The zenith radiance as calculated by
gensky can be found in the skyfunc definition (it is the third number on
the last line of the output, so it can easily be extracted using awk).
The horizontal illuminance that is to be found for the ground luminance
can be either calculated from the sky model using rtrace, or, for skies
WITHOUT sun, be derived by multiplying the "ground ambient level" by
pi*179. The sun position can also be read from the comment lines.

2) Set-up the ssld-description using the values found in step 1).

Maybe it would be worth to create a script that can do all that (and
also set the ssld-coefficients from a look-up table for a given sky type).

Cheers Lars.