[Radiance-general] SSLD skies and zenith radiance

Lars O. Grobe lars.grobe at nus.edu.sg
Wed Jul 1 02:07:29 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am looking into the ssld support that Phillip made available, and I
found the following in the accompagnying documentation:

"4. Select an arbitrary zenith radiance, Z (eg. 100 W/m2/sr)."

What is the meaning of arbitrary here? The value is used later by the
cal-file creating the distribution. I was hoping to create a
distribution from the coefficients and the horizontal illuminance, but I
do not know where to get data on zenith luminance.

Cheers, Lars.