[Radiance-general] Glazing transparency/reflectivity study

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 14:57:50 PST 2009

Hi Galen,

I won't comment on the usefulness of your proposed study, other than
to say it sounds interesting to me...  I do have a couple of
suggestions, however.

The output of Optics5 should not be used directly, but should be
passed through the "optics2rad" script to get the desired angular
behavior from the selected glazing.  In the case of multi-layer
glazing systems, you may be better off using the "glaze" script to
define your material.  This script does a much better job modeling
the multiple reflections that occur in a double-glazed system.

Best,
-Greg