[Radiance-general] glass modifier under different angles

Lars Oliver Grobe akilog at nus.edu.sg
Wed Jan 14 02:17:40 PST 2009

Hi Thomas, thank you for the reply!

Yes, I know that it is an optimization. Still it would be possible to
account for the angular dependent distance given a single polygon if you
rely on that average of about 6mm. But the internal calculation should
include the angular dependency than, and that is what I am wondering. So
is the fact that a ray entering a glass face at 0 degree (perpendicular)
would travel a much shorter distance through the material then one
hitting it at 45 degree considered in the glass modifier code?

BTW yes I think this is explained in RwR, though I do not know if this
question is answered there. Unfortunately my book is 10.000km from my
current location and the one we ordered weeks ago seems to be not
available.

CU Lars.