[Radiance-general] glass modifier under different angles

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Wed Jan 14 01:11:00 PST 2009

I remember from some documents (maybe even RwR) that
'glass' is optimised to model the effects of a thin
sheet of glass in one single polygon rather than
two parallel 'interface' polygons. The thickness of
glass panes in buildings is rather standard (4 or 6
mm) so there should be minimal errors due to this
optimisation.

If you want to model exactly how a solid body of
glass would behave you should use other primitives
like 'dielectric' (see the whale sculpture and
anti-matter examples in RwR). Arguably, the Radiance
approach is not the best algorithm for this.

Regards,
Thomas