[Radiance-general] Re: Tregenza Sky and Daylight Coefficients

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:47:59 PST 2009

Hi Chris,

I keep hoping I'll get around to making this more automatic.  The
current distribution of Radiance has a file called "tregenza.cal"
included in the ray/src/cal/cal/ directory, which converts a sky
direction into a Tregenza bin number for rtcontrib.  There is another
file called "tregsrc.cal" in the same directory that is used to
generate Tregenza solar and sky positions, and a file called
"tregsamp.dat" in the ray/lib directory that has 64 randomly
distributed samples over each Tregenza patch, plus 64 randomly
distributed samples over the ground (negative altitude angles).  This
file is useful in combination with rtrace to determine the patch
contributions for a particular sky/ground model.

I have some scripts as well for using these files, but they are
complicated and specific to projects I've done in the past, and not
generally usable or understandable.  I wish I could provide you with
more, but that's all I have at the moment.

Best,
-Greg