[Radiance-general] Re: Tregenza Sky and Daylight Coefficients

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Wed Jan 7 12:13:00 PST 2009

On 7 Jan 2009, at 16:31, Christian Humann wrote:

> Greetings and Happy New Year to all!
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding examples and
> related papers on using / creating a Tregenza sky for calculating
> Daylight Coefficients?

John Mardaljevic recently made a study using dynamic
daylighting. The report describes the methods, too.

links are here: http://www.iesd.dmu.ac.uk/~jm/velux.html

A bit older but more detailed is his PhD thesis:

http://www.iesd.dmu.ac.uk/~jm/zxcv-thesis/

Here is a PDF describing a 'standard model' (also check
the reference section!) by D. Bourgeois, C.F. Reinhart
and G. Ward.

http://lightswitch.irc.nrc.ca/website/Publications/
DDS_SumissionToBRI.pdf

> I've been using Daysim and am trying to scratch my head around what
> exactly it's doing in the background.  My understanding so far is
> that Daysim uses a modified Rtrace routine, and I'm interested in
> how the more recent Rtcontrib can be used in its place.

Look at the Radiance Workshop 2006 presentations
by John and Greg:

http://www.radiance-online.org/radiance-
workshop5/2006_Radiance_Workshop/index.html

Regards,
Thomas