[Radiance-general] Curved Longitude Lines - Raytracing Brain Teaser

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Thu Feb 19 01:20:10 PST 2009

David.

For a parallel projection all you have to do is take
the circle equation (x^2 + y^2 = r^2) for the outmost
line (+/-90 deg long, stays a circle) and 'squeeze' it
with the sin of the longitude. I assume that 0 deg long
is in the centre of the image.

A perspective projection is not as simple because
you have to take distance from centre and z-value
into account. It's still a linear equation, though.

Regards,
Thomas