[Radiance-general] Installing gendaylit

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Mon Feb 16 06:08:16 PST 2009

Hi Chandrayee.

You can use gcc. I just compiled it on Mac OS with gcc
4.01. I didn't use any flags ('CCOPTS=') and set 'CC=gcc'.

I always got an error when compiling it. Today I looked
this up and found that there is a macro fropen() that
conflicts with the definition in the gensky source file
fropen.c (on Mac OS X BSD at least). I renamed 'fropen'
to 'fzopen' in fropen.c and gendaylit.c and it worked!

You may also include 'string.h' to avoid a warning
about strcpy.

Hth and servus,

Thomas