[Radiance-general] translucent panel ( trans material )

Andrew McNeil andrew.mcneil at arup.com
Thu Dec 17 15:44:06 PST 2009

Hi Coralie,

I was thinking the same thing as Jack, is it possible to have different
transmission for each side?  And even more puzzling, is it possible for a
substance to absorb five times more light in one direction compared to the
other?  Perhaps you could tell us how these values were measured?

Using your values for the exterior side I get the following trans definition
(including sr=0.1):

void trans transmat
0
0
7 0.887 0.959 0.959 0.000 0.100 0.917 0.108

If you change your Td from 75.5 to 0.755 I think your results will agree
with mine.

Using your values for the interior side I get a trans definition with values
for A2 and A3 that are out of range, so something isn't quite right.  Again
I think we could help if your shared your method for measuring your
translucent panel.

Best,
Andrew