[Radiance-general] Problem with refraction in Dielectric material

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 20 06:57:28 PDT 2009

Hi Francesco.

A couple of comments:

If I understand correctly you are trying to render an image of a beam of
light passing through
a dielectric material. If you try to create an image you should use the
rpict program and not
the 'rtrace' command line you used.

You mention that you don't understand the results but you don't show us what
they are.
The output of your command line should give you lux values but I don't know
how the
input relates to the geometry (haven't looked at it close enough).

Your scene description below is incomplete. There are some '0's missing in
the descriptions.
I hope that is an effect of copy-and-paste. Otherwise I doubt that the
simulation would run
at all.

Do you know about the docs in

http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/refer