[Radiance-general] Shadow above highlight?

Andrew McNeil andrew.mcneil at arup.com
Mon Aug 17 11:43:05 PDT 2009

I agree with John that the root cause of the shadow is the sampling behavior
of Radiance.  With only one ambient bounce the black hole in the window, and
the walls in general shouldn't affect the luminance of the ceiling.

If there were more than one bounce, than the black hole would be a factor,
but it would probably be much less defined as all surfaces in the room see
the hole.

One way to test is to fill in the hole and create a polygon with glow
material to replace the sun patch on the floor.

Andy