[Radiance-general] Radiance and irradiation

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Tue Apr 7 09:19:18 PDT 2009

Mark de la Fuente wrote:

> PS.. as a side note, I find the hdrview program
> (http://www.debevec.org/FiatLux/hdrview/) to be very useful as well.
> It's too bad you can't print from there though.  Anyone know of a
> windows viewer that allows you to adjust the exposure of an image and
> also print?

The Radiance front end Rayfront has a Windows binary called "winimage"
that allows one to open a Radiance .pic -- excuse me, .hdr -- image and
do exposure adjustments, do the pcond -h tonemapping, and generate
falsecolor images which can be printed and saved in alternate formats.
It's part of the Rayfront program and AFAIK it's not available as a
standalone program. Details on Rayfront are located here:

http://www.schorsch.com/rayfront/

Schorsch? Any chance of spinning that off into a separate
purchase/download (or updating RF to work on newer versions of AutoCAD)?

- Rob Guglielmetti