[Radiance-general] Direct, diffuse and reflected light

giulio antonutto at yahoo.it
Wed Sep 17 12:01:27 PDT 2008

I would simply do so:
A)   -ab 0 and sun -> direct from sun only
B)   -ab 1 and no sun-> direct from sky only

C)   -ab n>1 and no sky -> subtract case A, is reflected after
sunlight only
D)   -ab n>1 and no sun -> subtract case B, is reflected after sky only

performing the difference of the various analyses you can get the
various values.

alternatively you can use rtcontrib and get the contribution of
illuminance coming from a particular surface modifier...
sunlight
skylight
walls
It is not that difficult.

Also try to see if there is something about this here:
http://web.mac.com/geotrupes/iWeb/Site/Tutorials.html
I think there should be a mini tutorial with some tricks...
hope it helps

ciao
G.