[Radiance-general] HDR extension in rad, trad

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Sat Oct 25 07:43:24 PDT 2008

On Oct 25, 2008, at 8:20 AM, Axel Jacobs wrote:

> trad still puts the old .pic extension on image files. The general
> consensus nowadays seems to be to use .hdr. Since it's a quick
> find-and-replace jobbie, may I propose to use this convention for rad
> and trad as well. I'd be happy to send you patch.

I rather like (and have become accustomed to, and have built scripts
around) the .pic extension referring to a raw Radiance-generated
image.  I dunno how everyone else feels, but with all the available
sources for hdr images, some of which we can call "hdr" images, I'd
rather keep our good old .pic extension as a Radiance community
standard.