[Radiance-general] Scaling texture

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Wed Oct 22 09:22:26 PDT 2008

On 22 Oct 2008, at 16:05, Katja Doerschner wrote:

> I also want to texture-map my cube,  and the texture should scale
> together with the geometry. I tried this several ways using brightfunc
> (with a modified version of  Mark Stock's checker.cal) and colorpict,
> however all my animations look similar to this:
>
> http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~katja/cube.html

Since you're already using the 'obj' format for the first export I'd add
UV texture coordinates to the 'obj' and convert to mesh with obj2mesh.
If you keep the UV coordinates the same for different sizes of the cube
you will get the same mapping effect.

Using the basic Radiance texture mapping I think you will have to
scale the texture along the z-axis to get the effect you want. That
requires a new material definition for each frame you export.

Regards,
Thomas