[Radiance-general] Scaling texture

Katja Doerschner doers003 at umn.edu
Wed Oct 22 08:05:28 PDT 2008

Hello,

I am rendering a movie of an cube that  gradually changes its height.

Since, as far as I know I can only scale meshes uniformly in Radiance
(-s),  I am constructing my meshes in matlab, export them as .obj,
convert them to .rtm and render each frame with Radiance. This part
works fine.

I also want to texture-map my cube,  and the texture should scale
together with the geometry. I tried this several ways using brightfunc
(with a modified version of  Mark Stock's checker.cal) and colorpict,
however all my animations look similar to this:

http://www.bilkent.edu.tr/~katja/cube.html

Instead of what you see I would like the texture to "squeeze" (i.e.
stripes getting thinner in z-direction) as the object shrinks in height.

If any one could point me to information that helps me solving this
problem, that would be most appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Katja Doerschner